Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Revlon Lip Butters!

Such a hype these were on youtube as well as the twitter beauty community! I can see why! I purchased three colors that I saw swatched on a beauty blog and I fell in love with! I was blown away by how much I have enjoyed these. Let me just say I understand what all the hype was for! Normally, I am not a fan of lipsticks. It feels heavy on my lips and it wears fast. I am normally a lipgloss/tint girl. I was a little nervous but I heard that these also moisturized. SCORE! My lips are always chapped. I always have to wear something on them or i just feel weird and I constantly lick them. Not to mention I love a dab of shine and color when i am out the door! Back to my story, I bought these three and WOW! I am in love and wanting to grab more! Here are some pics and a swatch as well!
From left to right : Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart &Lollipop

Now another plus I have noticed is that the wear is wonderful! It creates a slight tint that stays on after the shiny lipgloss effect wears off.


This is with the flash above
Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart, Lollipop

and without the flash

Lastly here are swatches! (without flash)





Below is with the color boosted in the photo



As for descriptons on the colors:

1.Peach Parfait -Very subtle ,sheer light rose with gold reflects. This one is by far my favorite one. It gives the lips JUST the hint of color and shine for every day wear! This has a pleasant smell!

2.Sweet Tart- This one reminds me of candy! it's a girly coraly pink. Unlike Peach parfait, it is more pigmented. It still has shine but no reflects. The wear on this one is great! The tint lasts even after the shine wears off. It also has a pleasant smell!

3.Lollipop- Holy cow this one is definitely named correctly. Hot pink/fuschia. The tint also stays on LONG after the shine. Very pretty for basic eyeliner/pinup look as well as a night out! Along with the other two (it must be the commonality within all the lip butters) it also has a pleasant smell.

I am very pleased by the results of this. As stated, I am normally not a fan of lipsticks but these are by far definitely worth the 7.00 I paid for each! My lips have not been so dry anymore due to constant wear of them! If you get a chance, hurry and grab some up! They are going fast and I believe everyone should get their hands on these pretty lippies!

Thanks for reading! Until next time...

Lia

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for these when I was at walmart. I didn't remember the brand so I settled for maybeline baby lips. I hope I find these though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweet tart one looks divine ! If only they weren't so hard to find here in the UK. Great colour choices :)

    ReplyDelete