Friday, November 4, 2011

Drugstore Must haves



Hey Everyone! So it's taken me QUITE a while to write this review on a few drugstore things I think are a must have! First and foremost, I shop the drugstore section almost all the time because I have learned there are MANY dupes and of course better products in general than the ones we spend mega bucks on. Recently, I saw a commercial on a new eyeshadow called Maybelline Color explosion. The commercial made the eyeshadow look BEYOND amazing so I INSTANTLY wanted to try and see if the glitter was shown in its true colors! There were a few others to choose from but I decided to go with a purple palette since purple is good with brown eyes. I went with "Amethyst ablazed" which looks like this:



Now the way its set up as you can see is it has 4 colors and a shimmer "glitter" that is to be applicated after you get the colors you desire on the lid. to give it a WOW factor. I noticed that after using it the glitter is a bit tricky to apply and it DOES leave alot of fallout. I recommend doing the whole look BEFORE foundation. However, the shimmer is pretty overall.
The colors are gorgeous! VERY pigmented and look like so:



Overall i'd definitely say this is a worthy purchase! I am very pleased with the color payoff as well as how well it stays on! you can mix our own combos and get really creative with it! A Must have and affordable!

Along with this purchase, I also decided since I am a sucker for blushes that I would also give a Maybelline blush a try as well. I got one from the "fit" collection and it was in Medium nude which looks like this :


As you can see this is a BEAUTIFUL pale,frosty pink! It works as a beautiful frost highlight or a subtle blushed look which I think is perfect for this weather! It isnt very pigmented so it does take a few applications but it is very similar to Mac's mineral skin finishes. I think this is also a must buy and am impressed by the FIT products in general.

Lastly, I purchased the FIT foundation in 120. It has a light pleasing scent and the coverage is NICE and Medium! I didnt take a picture of this because i figured description is just as good on a foundation. It hasnt affected my pores or caused unnecessary breakouts and to be honest the smell is actually cool to me considering most foundations stink. It also has an spf in it which is ALWAYS a plus.

ALL in all , I recommend you try the maybelline FIT line as I am very impressed by them! Give them a go! Let me know how YOU loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Im so excited you posted this, those purples look ahmazing! I'm even more excited that I have a coupon for this product. score!!!

    ReplyDelete